Last Sunday’s game at Heinz Field was one to remember! Not only did the Chiefs beat the Steelers, but a lot of NFL and franchise records were set.
Week 2 Chiefs vs Steelers highlights:
- The Kansas City Chiefs beat the Pittsburgh Steelers for the first time since 1986 (32 years!)
- Patrick Mahomes is the youngest player (at 22) in NFL history to toss six touchdowns in a game
- Patrick Mahomes also set another NFL Record with the most touchdowns (at 10) through the first 2 games
- Since 1950, only two quarterbacks had thrown four touchdowns in each of the first games to start a season: Patriots’ Drew Bledsoe in 1997 and Buccaneers’ Ryan Fitzpatrick
- Patrick Mahomes completed 23 of 28 passes for 326 yards, and 6 touchdowns- the most by a Chiefs QB since Len Dawson in 1964
- Only one other Chiefs player has had 7 touchdowns in three games
- Patrick Mahomes won a second-straight AFC Offensive Player of the week Award
- Patrick Mahomes has had more touchdowns than incompletions (5), posting a 154.8 passer rating
- Mahomes hasn’t thrown an interception yet this season
The Kansas City Chiefs 2018 Homeopener against the San Francisco 49ers is in just a few days. Tickets are still available. Get Chiefs vs 49ers Tickets now.